On April 27, 2022, the “Less Secure Apps” access function will be disabled for all campus Connect (Google Workspace) email accounts. Less Secure Apps is a function to allow older mail apps without modern security to still read your email.
If you access your email using mail.google.com in your web browser or the Gmail mobile app, you are not impacted by this change.
Before the systemwide disablement, we recommend you validate that you will still be able to login to your email apps following the change. To do this, please see the instructions using the link at the end of this message.
This change further enhances our security controls for Connect (Google Workspace) email.
Clients affected by this change could include:
- Non-Google Android mail clients (Samsung Email, Blue Mail, etc.)
- iOS Mail (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch)
- Apple Mail (macOS)
- Microsoft Outlook (when not using Google Workspace Sync for Microsoft Outlook and version 2013 or earlier)
- Mozilla Thunderbird (when not using OAuth2)
How can you prepare for the transition?
- Visit the Connect User Guide
If you require assistance, please contact your local/department IT support team.