TO: UCSB Employees
FR: IT Services Desk
RE: Kronos Electronic Timekeeping Outage for Upgrade
UPDATE 10/3/19 at 9:57 a.m.: Kronos Electronic Timekeeping is back online for all employees. Thank you.
Kronos Electronic Timekeeping will undergo an upgrade to Version 8.1.4 on October 2-3, 2019. To accommodate the transition, Kronos will be offline beginning at 6 a.m. October 2 and will return online by 8 a.m. on October 4.
This new version of Kronos should provide a more seamless and secure browsing experience for campus users.
Additional changes include:
- User name and sign-out now located in the upper right corner
- Relocation of accrual balance information
- Carousel items are accessible via a plus-sign on the workspace tab
- Enhanced functionality to toggle on/off only days with exceptions on a timecard
- Enhanced functionality to populate the date on new timecard rows
For more information and support regarding these changes, please review the following reference materials:
- Changes for Employees in Kronos v8.1.4
- Changes for Manager/Payroll Manager & Timekeeper in Kronos v8.1.4
What to expect during the upgrade:
If you record hours using a time clock, you can punch in and out during the upgrade, but the smart key functions at the time clocks will not function.
If you typically timestamp at your computer, you should notify your supervisor of your in and out times, either by emailing at the beginning and end of their shift that day or by using another departmentally-approved procedure. The supervisor can then input your in and out times when the system is back online.
As a best practice during major system and server upgrades, we recommend all Kronos users maintain a separate hours-worked record for October 2-3, 2019.
For upgrade questions or issues, please contact your Payroll Manager/Timekeeper.