When UCSB students intern with UCSB Information Technology, they receive more than a yearlong, paid internship. They get to work on IT initiatives that are crucial to campus and help prepare them for careers in the expanding field of information technology.
Summer 2021 marks the second year of the UCSB IT Internship program, in which the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) pairs six undergrads with projects throughout different IT shops on campus. Topics include cybersecurity, data analytics, Amazon Web Services, Emotional Intelligence, Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), Grant Accounting and Research Administration, Crucial Conversations and Conflict Management, project management, and business analysis.
Internship positions include:
- JupyterHub Instructional Services Intern
- Salesforce Development Intern
- Digital Library Development DevOps Intern
- Cloud Solutions Architect Intern
- Media Manager Intern
- Data Systems Analyst Intern
While the UCSB IT Internship Program does not require previous experience, applicants must demonstrate an eagerness to learn and a willingness to develop strong morale.
Additional program benefits include:
- Open to all undergrads, including freshmen and sophomores
- Summer - up to 40 hours per week
- Fall/Winter/Spring - Up to 20 hours per week
- Flexible hours
- Internship projects include JupyterHub, Salesforce, Power BI, Data Analytics, and more!