FR: Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) Directors
RE: Checklist: Prepare for September 14-15 Power Outage
As required by Southern California Edison (SCE) and announced in D-list emails and in information posted at energy.ucsb.edu/planned-power-outage, campus will lose power beginning at 10 p.m. Saturday, September 14, 2019, and it will not be restored until the afternoon of Sunday, September 15, 2019.
We developed a short checklist of actions you need to take before the power goes out to protect your data and devices:
- Power down your computer, printer, and dependent devices (e.g., monitors and screens) before you leave the office for the weekend.
- Power down shared computers (e.g., check-in stations, conference room computers and screens) and shared printers (i.e., large Ricoh or Xerox printers) before you leave the office for the weekend.
- Move business-critical documents to cloud storage (e.g., Google Drive, Box), especially if they need to be accessed during the maintenance period.
- Review the IT Functionality section of the Planned Power Outage page at energy.ucsb.edu, as it details what services the outage will or could impact.
- During and after the power outage, visit status.ucsb.edu for updates. You might also wish to subscribe to notifications.
- Be aware that SCE recently announced it may occasionally need to shut down power for days or hours, in order to prevent a wildfire. Campus may be affected by these outages, as UCSB is within the SCE-serviceable area. Take time to learn more about SCE’s Public Safety Power Shutoff plan and how to prepare for power outages, in general.
Contact the IT Services Desk if you encounter any issues at ithelp.ucsb.edu or x5000. If you need to access a building during the outage and your Access Card will not work, please contact your Departmental Access Control Representative.
Thank you for your attention to this important matter.