Benefits for users
- Consolidates communication tools and reduces administrative complexity with one application utilized for both meetings and phone calls.
- Supports work efficiency by offering communication tools that can be used anywhere.
- Increases channels of campus communication available with the addition of SMS and Internet voice calls.
- Reduces maintenance needs and likelihood of system errors.
- Ability to change your caller ID from your campus number to your departmental number.
- Provides one number that you can be reached at from a desktop computer, mobile phone, or physical desk phone, anywhere you can get Internet.
After a public announcement to campus on August 29, 2022, the project team will begin work designing the new system. A test group of campus staff members will be part of early adoption in mid-November of the same year, with training activities for all campus users beginning at the start of 2023. All users will have migrated from the current landline system to Zoom Phone by April 2023.
Frequently Asked Questions
For questions on the campus telephony refresh project or VoIP services, visit our FAQ page.