Cable Television For UCSB Residents


Cable television in UCSB apartments is available through Communications Services. Channel lineups are subject to change, in accordance with a franchise agreement between Cox Communications and the County of Santa Barbara.

Getting Standard Cable Television Service

Apartment residents who want cable television service should apply using the "Order, Change, or Cancel Service" application below.

For further information, please call our customer service section at 805-893-8700 during business hours.

Channel Lineups

(Effective 7/1/16)

For a list of cable channels included in UCSB standard service, and for more details on Cox premium service offerings, see Cable TV Channel Lineup* (pdf). You will receive all channels on this list, both Starter and Essential. 

*Due to cable modem filters in West Campus Housing, the following channels are unavailable and no reduced pricing is available at this time:

40 Freeform (HD)
41 Lifetime (HD)
45 Spike (HD)
58 Travel Channel (HD)
60 Golf Channel (HD)
61 HGTV (HD)
62 Comedy Central (HD)
70 Fox Sports 1 (HD)
78 FXX (HD)
80 Discovery (HD)
127 Nat Geo (HD)

Billing and Payment

Only one person can be the Customer of Record for television service, and that person is responsible for all charges.

Standard cable television charges from Communications Services, including the initial installation fee and the monthly service fee, will be charged to the Customer of Record's BARC account. All BARC payments must be made to the UCSB Cashier's Office, located at SAASB 1212, and may be mailed or hand delivered.

Failure to pay your charges may cause your service to be disconnected, and may cause your student records, (including grades, transcripts, and registration materials) to be placed on hold. If we disconnect your service due to late payment, we will charge the full installation fee to restore service. Repeated failure to pay charges will cause termination of your account, and you will no longer be eligible for television service.

Stopping Service or Changing Address

You must notify Communications Services if you change or leave your apartment at UCSB, because you are responsible for all service charges until your service is deactivated or transferred to another student.

Related Information